Our support groups are a setting where patients and their family members can talk about with cancer. They do this with others on a similar journey, facilitated by a professional counsellor. It is also a time for crafts, games, camaraderie, laughter & an opportunity to just loosen up and be yourself.
What the Support Group IS…
- Safe place to share
- Place of belonging
- Place to care for others and be cared for
- Place where respect if given to each member
- Place where confidentiality is highly regarded
- Place to learn
- Place to grow and become strong again
- Place where you can ‘take off your mask’
What the Support Group IS NOT…
- Place for selfish control
- Place for therapy
- Place for secrets
- Place to rescue or be rescued by others
- Place for perfection
- Place to judge others
The Cancer Support Group WILL…
- Provide a safe place to share your experiences, victories, and hopes with others who are going through their own cancer journey
- Provide you with a leader can provide insight on the Patient Active Methods
- Provide a leader who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular principle each week.
- The leader will also keep to the Support Group Guidelines
- Provide you with an opportunity to find a Stage Zero Buddy
- Encourage you on your journey!